Despite the muddy conditions and heavy rain, James “Bubba” Stewart took home the win at the Daytona Supercross last weekend. Here he is using his white v3 to recon the track layout!
Here’s how it all went down in Daytona…..*
SUPERCROSS QUALIFYING HEATS
• James came out of the gate hot in his heat race, and once in the first turn, he battled tooth-and-nail with series points leader Ryan Villopoto for the holeshot. As the pair fought their way down the long straight and into turn number two, Stewart was able to gain the edge and take the lead.
• Once in front, Stewart never looked back. With the track being as muddy as it was, having the lead and not contending with other riders through the muck and mud proved to be a huge advantage for JS. At the checkers, James led rival Villopoto by over 20 seconds, averaging three seconds a lap faster than RV while doing so.
SUPERCROSS MAIN EVENT
• Despite the wet and rainy conditions, the raucous Daytona Beach Bike Week crowd got out their umbrellas and stood on their feet as the pack rocketed into turn number one. James used a far-inside line to his advantage, narrowly missing the holeshot to teammate Davi Millsaps, and rounding turn one in second place.
• With his JGR teammate Millsaps just in front of him, Stewart looked for any and every opportunity to make a pass stick. For the first few laps, the pair were never separated by more than a few bike lengths.
• The muddy conditions made the pass tough to make, but JS7 got it done by overtaking Millsaps on the long front straight, directly in front of the crowd. With the fans still standing on their feet, Stewart held the power on just a split second longer than Millsaps, giving him the edge he needed to make the pass and take over the lead.
• Once the pass was made, James set a blisteringly fast pace, leaving the pack to battle it out for themselves behind him. One of the only remaining riders to continue to jump the triples in the mud, James put his head down to open up a comfortable cushion before finally backing it down a tad at the end to secure the win by a margin of nearly eight seconds.
• With seven rounds remaining, Stewart gobbled up a bit of his point deficit to Villopoto, who finished in the fifth spot. James now sits 44 points behind RV leading into next weekend’s race in Indianapolis. *courtesy of http://js7.com/
SUPERCROSS RESULTS 1. James Stewart 2. Davi Millsaps 3. Kevin Windham 4. Marvin Musquin 5. Ryan Villopoto 6. Mike Alessi 7. Jake Weimer 8. Broc Tickle 9. Matthew Goerke 10. Brett Metcalfe
Comments will be approved before showing up.