The 2018 Ryder Cup is just a few days away and we’re excited to watch the U.S. team defend last their championship against Europe’s finest players. The tournament begins on Friday, September 28 and is being played at the Albatros Course of Le Golf National outside Paris, France. In the spirit of the tournament, we’re sharing some information about the Ryder Cup and Rokform golf photos for any fans of the game (and Rokform!).
What you need to know about the Ryder Cup
- The Ryder Cup started in 1927 and features the top U.S. players competing against top-ranked European players.
- The Cup got its name from Samuel Ryder, an English businessman who donated the trophy.
- The tournament is held biennially and alternates between courses in the United States and Europe.
- During the last Ryder Cup held 2016 in Chaska, Minnesota, the U.S. won 17-11.
- The Ryder Cup format consists of two days of four-ball and foursome matches, followed by one day of singles matches.
The American team is led by some of the top players in the world, including Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth, and Rickie Fowler. Golf greats Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods are also on the team, making this a fantastic roundup.
As such, they are heavy favorites to win.
The three day event kicks off at Le Golf National on Friday, September 28.
Rokform is cheering for the U.S. Team
As golf lovers, Rokform gets excited for anything golf-related. We’re excited to watch the Ryder Cup and wish everyone on the team good luck!
Take Rokform on the course
If you want to bring your smartphone on the course, there’s no case better than a Rokform case. The Neodymium magnet built into most of our case collection makes for easy traveling when you’re driving down the course. We’re serious! Check out these photos we recently took on a course close to our OC headquarters.
Justin Thomas, member of the U.S. Ryder Cup team, loves his Rugged case, too...
Get the Rugged Case!
Like what you see? We have Rugged cases for Galaxy and iPhone, including the newest iPhones. Drop tested to six feet and with a built-in magnet that lets you do cool things, like secure your phone to your golf cart!