Top 5 iPhone Apps of 2012
Apple recently approved its millionth app, and although we didn’t dig through all of them, we’ve done our fair share of research on the ones that were released in the past year. In no particular order, here are our favorite apps of 2012. It’s been a good year!
1. Clear: Clear is a great app to keep track of everything on your to-do list. It’s very simple and intuitive without any real buttons to speak of. You simply list everything you need to do in order of priority. Each time you need to add a new task, you “pinch” or “drag” items to their level of priority.
2. Draw Something: If you like “Hangman” or “Pictionary,” then you’ve probably downloaded and regliously played Draw Something in 2012. In the game, you challenge your friends to guess what you’re drawing, and get points for guessing right. It starts easy and gets harder with every guess, but you also get more tools and colors to draw with if you guess correctly.
3. Frameographer: This app lets you create stop motion and time-lapse videos. Creating this type of video can be really difficult and time consuming. Frameographer allows you to stop a project and start it again at a later date. It also makes it easy to delete select frames, if necessary.
4. The Daily for iPhone: This app used to be an iPad-only newspaper, but is now available for iPhone. If you already subscribe to the newspaper on your iPad, the iPhone app is free. What makes this app so great is the layout. It looks like a mix of Facebook and Sparrow, an email client for Mac.
5. Cinemagram: Cinemagram lets you create pictures that move. You are allowed to select a small area of a photo (such as bubbles in a drink) and animate them. It’s almost gif-like, but more realistic. Similarly to Instagram, there are also vintage-inspired filters.
What are your favorite apps of this year? Let us know in the comments section or on our Facebook page.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Rokform Blog
Our Rokform.com Memorial Day Sale is starting soon! Make sure you stock up on Rokform goods that will keep the stoke high all through summer.