You don’t have to be a professional photographer or have an expensive camera to take a great photo. These amazing iPhone photos prove it. Here are 10 examples of the amazingly artistic shots you can get with your iPhone. For more, check out the Flickr photo stream called iPhoneography.
1. David Freid won Gizmodo’s shooting challenge with this beautiful photo he took after a morning hike through Griffith Park in LA.
2. Julian Isonio took this photo in his own back yard after he noticed how cool the rain droplets looked on one of his plants after one rainy afternoon.
3. Dane Sager saw this praying mantis while leaving a restaurant and decided to see how close he could get until it flew away.
4. Ian Oliphant took this photo while he was at work in the Australian Outback. What a lucky guy!
5. Pierre Bedat was inspired by the graphic stripes on this door.
6. Richard Sintchak drove to the Marin headlands because he noticed the light that was peaking through the misty rain and captured this photo.
7. Astrocruzan took this vintage-looking photograph way back in 2007. ;)
8. Vivienne Gucwa saw this light installation by artist Leo Villareal in Madison Square Park in New York City and was inspired to take a picture of it with the MetLife Tower in the background.
9. Ray Luther took this photo in San Sebastian, San Vicente. The contrast makes this photo particularly wonderful.
10. Klaudia Cechini is a Polish photographer who uses her iPhone to take pictures of herself. That’s quite a selfie!
If you’re hoping to get better at your iPhoneography, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
Do you dabble in iPhoneography? Let us know which of these shots is your favorite in the comments section below.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Do you own a truck? Here are the best spots to mount your phone, according to your truck's make and model (pictures included!).