The New iPhone Release
Apple officially introduced the iPhone 4S.
“iPhone 4S. Outside the same, inside all different. A5 chip inside, dual-core graphics up to 7x faster than iPhone 4.”
8 hours of talk time, 14.4 HSPA+, Dual Antenna System, World Phone, 8MP Camera, 1080p HD Video, SIRI (Voice automated personal assistant).
- World phone…both CDMA and GSM in one phone.
- Wireless system updated. Stainless steel band with two antennas, switch intelligently between them.
- Data speed twice as fast…14.4 Mbps HSDPA. It’s what competitors call 4G.
- Camera: backside illuminated sensor, hybrid IR filter, better color accuracy, 5 element lens/li>
- Face detection, better white balance, and fast photos. Time to first photo: 1.1 seconds. Half a second for next shot.
- Voice recognition and control was revealed as Apple’s surprise feature for the iPhone 4S. The technology, which Apple acquired in its acquisition of Siri, is now built into iOS 5 and supported on the iPhone 4S.
“For decades technologists have teased us with this dream that we can talk to our technology. But it’s never come true! It’s such a let-down! What we really want to do is just talk to our device!”Apple’s Scott Forstall asked Siri “What’s the weather like today?” and received the forecast.”Find me a great Greek restaurant in Palo Alto.” “I’ve found 14 Greek restaurants… 5 of them are in Palo Alto. I’ve sorted them by rating.” Forstall says “I’ve been in the AI field a long time. This blows me away.” Siri can also return Wikipedia and Wolfram Alpha searches, or return word definitions. In addition to following voice instructions, Siri can also read your messages to you, straight from the notification queue, hands-free. “Compose and dictate email right to Siri. Set timers. Look up contacts, create notes, search the web, search Wikipedia. It’s absolutely blow-away. Well, who is Siri? Just ask!” Siri: “I am a humble personal assistant.” Siri does dictation — now whenever you see a keyboard, you’ll see a microphone. Talk to Siri, tap done, and in the blink of an eye it comes back with your text. Speak with your natural language.”
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.